POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Trying to code an "offset rotation" for SL. : Re: Trying to code an "offset rotation" for SL. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 07:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Trying to code an "offset rotation" for SL.
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 15 Jul 2008 03:26:14
Message: <MPG.22e5fee72acf026d98a181@news.povray.org>
In article <487c4b4e@news.povray.org>, sco### [at] scottcom says...
> >        y = llCos(Rot.x)*y - llSin(Rot.x)*z;
> >        z = llSin(Rot.x)*y + llCos(Rot.x)*z;
>
> This is not going to work, because you are setting the new "y" value in t
he
> first line, then using it in the 2nd line (but you should be using the
> previous y value).
>
> Try something like
>
> x2 = x;
> y2 = llCos(Rot.x)*y - llSin(Rot.x)*z;
> z2 = llSin(Rot.x)*y + llCos(Rot.x)*z;
>
> x = llSin(Rot.y)*z2 + llCos(Rot.y)*x2;
> y = y2;
> z = llCos(Rot.y)*z2 - llSin(Rot.y)*x2;
>
> x2 = llCos(Rot.z)*x - llSin(Rot.z)*y;
> y2 = llSin(Rot.z)*x + llCos(Rot.z)*y;
> z2 = z;
>
> npos = <x2,y2,z2>;

Figured it was "something" like that. The code for it, on the site, gave
"no" clue how/where to use the original values, at all. Almost as bad as
the stupid bartender HUD I picked up, which the clowns had popping a
"display next set of items" message to 12 different prims, only one of
which "had" a list to display, and then failing to "check" of the list
was empty. lol Nothing like spamming 11 empty menus to the client for
every page of "people" you had to give drinks out to.

I sometimes wonder if some people use "any" logic when trying writing
documentation, examples, or just coding. lol

Thanks for the fix.

--
void main () {

    if version = "Vista" {